As a bank, we’re required to verify your identity before opening your bank account at bunq. Since we’d love to have you on board, we want to give you some helpful tips for a smooth, quick, 5-minute identity verification.
Firstly, in order to finish your verification, follow these easy steps:
- Open the app
- Click on the 🟧 "Enjoy bunq Demo and finish signing up for the full experience" pop-up message on the bottom of your Home tab
- Confirm your phone number
- Select the document and follow the verification flow
Keep in mind the following tips when finishing your verification:
- Stay in a well-lit surrounding so the video is clear and your face is clearly visible.
- Follow the steps on the screen carefully. You should slowly turn your head and say the numbers out loud.
- Hold your phone at the same level as your face while doing the verification.
- Complete the verification on your own. There can’t be anyone holding your phone or be present in the background.
- When you use your ID card, driver’s license or residence permit, be sure to upload a picture of the front and the back side of the card.
More tips on how to verify account in 5 minutes can be found here
Having trouble finish your verification?
- It might be that you’re using a document that isn't supported. You can find the complete list of accepted documents here.
- If your document is brand new (under 2 weeks), we might not be able to verify it yet. You can try again later or use a different document.
- Upload a picture of your original document. Scans, copies or pictures from a screen aren't accepted.
- The details on your document need to be readable and the whole document should be visible on the picture. You can’t cover any information on the document.
- The picture on the used document should be clear. Your face needs to be recognizable.
- You need to resemble the picture on your document. We suggest using a document with a recent picture to ensure it matches your current looks.
- Remember to tap on each one of the 4 verification steps in order to trigger the process.
I've been added to a Waiting List - what now?
In some specific cases your verification may take more time. That’s why we’d like to make sure that you’re up to date on your verification status, so we’ve implemented the Waiting List ✨
In case we can’t open your account in just 5 minutes, we’ll ask if you’d like to join the Waiting List. This is a queue where all users who weren’t able to be verified in time can wait until we can offer a 5-minute verification 🙌
You can learn more on how the Waiting List works here 🌈
You have to verify with iDnow?
How can I verify through bunq Web?
If you're not a bunqer yet and you want to open your first Personal account through bunq Web, here's what you have to do:
- Open https://web.bunq.com/
- Click on 🚀 "Don't have an account yet? Join the bank of The Free"
- Fill in your personal details, set your security code and check our Terms & Conditions
- You've just created an account, cool! Now it's time to verify.
- Click on the 🟧 bunq Demo pop-up message on the top of your Home page
- Follow the verification steps on the screen and provide all the needed info
Keep in mind that you'll be given with the option to switch to your mobile device before you start the video verification part of the flow. If you switch to your mobile device, the rest of the verification will be completed through the app 📱
Want to learn more? Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈