Hey bunqers 🌈
Your safety and well-being are our priority. We have an acceptance policy in place to abide by legal regulations and follow some of our own risk standards as a company.
After you complete the sign-up process in 5 minutes, we'll quickly review your application. We assess each application individually to make sure every company is held to the same standard and fulfils all requirements.
bunq Easy Savings, Easy Bank, Easy Money and Easy Green let you save time, so you can focus on what's truly important: your business. Wondering if you can sign up for a business account? Check out the requirements for opening an account below:
Who can open an account?
Here are the basic conditions you need to meet in order to open a bunq business account:
- You need to have a verified personal account with bunq.
- You as a director cannot be a minor.
- You need to run a legitimate business in Spain
- You need to be permanently residing in Spain
- Your business should operate under one of the legal forms currently accepted by bunq. Find the full list here.
- Your company’s corporate structure and activities should comply with bunq’s requirements. More details on this below.
- Your business entity cannot have more than one account with bunq.
- If your company has multiple trade names (under the same registration on the Chamber of Commerce) - you can effortlessly open a sub-account with the different names like we explain here.
- If the various layers of your company are registered as separate legal entities with the Chamber of Commerce (Cámara de Comercio), each one would need its own Business accounts.
Once we confirm the above-mentioned conditions are met, we need to determine whether your business entity is registered with the local Chamber of Commerce or, in specific situations, you are operating on a freelance basis. Depending on that, we require different documents in order to approve your account.
Please also keep in mind that as a bank, we are legally required to store all of our user’s personal information in a secure and protected way. If there is more than one director, we create personal accounts for each director of the business accounts. It allows us to keep your information and your company’s information safe while complying with regulations. Check out this topic for more information.
Legal forms and documents
In order to open a business account with bunq, you need to provide a legal form together with a few documents. We accept the following legal forms.
- Empresario Autónomo
- Sociedad Limitada
For each legal form, we require the following documents.
- Empresario Autónomo - Form 036 or 037 from the Census of entrepreneurs is required upon signup. You should provide us with one of the two forms.
- Chamber of Commerce (CoC) excerpt
- Sociedad Limitada - you should provide us with Certificate of Beneficial Owner (the name should be similar to "ACTA DE IDENTIFICACIÓN DE TITULAR REAL") and the Deed of Incorporation upon signup.
- Deed of Incorporation (DOI)
- Joint Authorisation if the company has more than one director
- CoC excerpt
- IDs of all directors and Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs)
- Empresario Autónomo
Please find more information on legal documents here.
In accordance with our acceptance policy, we do not support all types of businesses and activities. You can find more information on activities and check whether your business activity meets the requirements here.
How to open a new bunq Business account?
Opening a new business account is quick and easy! Just follow the steps below:
- Go to the Home tab
- Tap on + Add accounts
- Select Business Account and follow the flow!
Ready to open your bunq Business account?
Sign up in 5 minutes and get one today! 🌈
Want to learn more? Explore more bunq knowledge here ✨