Hello Sheldon 🇬🇧🇬🇷🇧🇬, thank you for the confirmation.
I understand these rules can change. The exclusion of closed-not-yet-archived-subaccounts makes it easier to prevent the (automatic) re-triggering of already re-funded fee and its followed support-requests and it neutralises the need for users with many sub-accounts to infer when or wait for the slot to open up.
Would you mind confirming the latest status quo on this topic in general?
Can you confirm that the other items do still count for the 25 counter? Or perhaps there some updates here as well:
- all your sub-accounts in your name (that includes savings-accounts and accounts in different currency.)
- all your joint accounts (duh)
- Easy Investment account (pending or active; just to be explicit)
- incoming Connect accounts (it is irrelevant these accounts are not in your name)
- [No longer applicable since august 2023] recently archived/closed sub-accounts in the last 60 days.
- (Your main IBAN account; some have named their first IBAN "Main-account" and it is perceived as something different from the "other sub-accounts". Just to be explicit: This one also counts towards the 25 and in my writing it is just another 'subaccount'.)
I am especially interested in 4. (Now "Shared Access.")
The feature can be useful, but if the use case is "spending on behalf and order" of the original owner instead of sharing funds between 2(+n) people, then giving up a slot can be "too expensive" for those where this resource is scarce.