We are active in the whole European Economic Area (EEA), meaning that all residents of the European Economic Area can sign up for bunq. Keep in mind that some memberships are only available in specific countries.
If you are under 18 years old, you will need permission from a legal guardian to open an account. Your legal guardian will need to have an account with us before you can start using your own. For more info, check out this topic.
If you wish to open a Personal account with us:
To verify your identity, you will need to provide a valid identity document. Check this topic for more information.
If you wish to open a Business account with us, you can do so if:
- You are an authorized representative of the company.
- Your Dutch businesses is registered in the Netherlands.
- Your German business is a GmbH.
- Your one-man-organization is in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France or Belgium.
- You have a freelance business in Germany, Spain, Austria, Portugal or Ireland.
Want to know the requirements of opening a Business account? Check this topic.
Want to know the accepted legal forms for opening a Business account? Check this topic.
Minimum device specs to use the app:
- iOS: 11.3+
- Android Lollipop 5.0+
Do you want to try bunq for free?
Get your account in less than 5 min here